Top 10 Tips To Thrive This Festive Season
At this time of year, everyone is busy, but this doesn’t mean that you should forget about your skincare routine. We all want to look good every day while working, partying, juggling events, catching up with the family and whatever else we are trying to fit in at this time of year. Keep reading for our top ten tips to thrive this festive season.
- CLEANSE Cleansing skin helps to remove excess oil, skin cells and makeup, clearing blocked pores and leaving your skin feeling crisp, clean & fresh. Make cleaning your face as easy as possible keep your cleanser in the shower, where it is easy to use. If you shower at the gym, then keep a second travel cleanser in your gym bag. The easier you make your routine the more likely you are to follow it. We recommend Clearskincare Gel Cleanser it’s gentle formula breaks the acne cycle by removing excess oil & skin cells and opening blocked pores and will not dry out or irritate sensitive breakout skin.
- ANTIOXIDANTS Antioxidant serums Vitamin A, Vitamin B and Vitamin C, should be used every day. I like to line them along my bathroom sink, right next to my toothbrush where I won’t forget. After all, you don’t forget to brush your teeth twice a day. These serums will help to keep you looking bright, plumped and well hydrated. Plus your makeup will last longer and sit better.
We recommend Clearskincare Cencil 25% Vitamin C Serum and Clearskincare B3 Serum.
- MOISTURE The amount of moisture your skin needs can vary depending on the time of year. Often during the warmer months, your skin requires a lighter moisturiser because of the increase in the air’s humidity. I like to keep my moisturiser beside my antioxidant serums, ready to apply after brushing my teeth morning and night. We recommend Clearskincare Moisture + Cream which provides long lasting 24-hour protection and instant relief from the elements leaving your skin feeling moist, soft, smooth, supple and fully hydrated.
- TAKE A COOL SHOWER Hot showers after sun exposure further dry skin. Turn down the temperature and you’ll pick up a few added benefits. A cool shower after excess sweating helps to keep skin clear, decreasing acne breakouts
- UV PROTECTION – SPF30 is the maximum rating of Sunscreen in Australia. Regular application of your Clearskincare SPF30 oil free Sunscreen plus a hat and protective clothing will provide excellent protection against our harsh climate. If you are concerned about your skin, you must protect it from UV rays. It has been proven that UVA, in particular, is the most damaging factor and is one of the main contributors to early ageing and poor skin health.
You can also eat your SPF; There’s some evidence that oral intake of vitamins C and E together can limit the potential for sunburn. A salad with vitamin C-rich citrus, berries, tomato, and vitamin E-rich nuts is an ideal SPF meal.
6. EXFOLIATE A gentle exfoliating weekly I hear you say – when will I have time for that? You only need 20 min to cleanse, apply the mask, leave it on, rinse it all and apply your Vitamin B and C serums, and then moisturise before you fall into bed. One night per week, allow yourself this time. We recommend Clearskincare Microdermabrasion cream with glycolic acid is a revolutionary exfoliating cream for acne prone and sun damaged skins. Designed to reproduce a salon Microdermabrasion treatment, a 5-minute wet scrub with Clearskincare’s Microdermabrasion Cream with Glycolic Acid leaves the skin feeling incredibly fresh, smooth and soft and controls mild acne
7. EYE CREAM To both start and finish off your day and help keep you from looking sleepy and tired, keep an eye-cream in your bathroom at all times. We recommend Clearskincare New Skin Eye Cream just $19 Clearskincare New Skin Eye Cream is perfect for making crow’s feet look smoother & dark circles look brighter & firmer, leaving your skin looking & feeling smoother, brighter, more robust & youthful.
8. HA MASK Our Hyaluronic Acid Masks. Hyaluronic Acid occurs naturally in the deeper layers of our skin. It helps to keep skin smooth and ‘plump’ through its ability to hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water. This ability to retain and hold moisture is the secret to youthful, healthy, vibrant skin. Ageing robs us of this innate ability to hold in moisture. As we get older our bodies produce less and less HA. The drop in HA starts at around the age of 20 years. But after the age of 40 the skin starts to lose its elasticity and lines and wrinkles appear. Provides a deep moisturisation for a natural glow and helps prevent ageing and the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Excellent for before a big weekend or special engagement.
9. HOME MINI PEELS Clearskincare Buffered Glycolic MiniSkinPeel contains AHA acids that are derived from sugar cane. Glycolic acid peels are used to improve the look of wrinkles and lines, eliminate acne, smooth out skin texture, reduce skin discolouration and even skin tone. Glycolic acid also has the benefits of making your skin look smoother, fresher, and more youthful.
10. GET FRUITY Cantaloupe is the melon of choice for beautiful summer skin. The sweet fruit is rich in antioxidants and delivers a unique hydration to the skin, resulting in a radiant complexion. We also like watermelon in the summer months. It can actually boost your SPF by several factors.
Lastly, and most significantly skin-related: enjoy yourself, laugh and love a lot and remember to breathe!